Benefits of being a member
- Online and/or print access to Systematic Biology, the most highly cited primary research journal in the fields of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics. See the JOURNAL menu item above for more information about the Society's journal.
- Annual meetings for exchange of ideas and networking with the top scientists in systematics and evolution. Members get reduced meeting fees and smaller stand-alone meetings are restricted to members. See the MEETINGS menu item above for more information.
- Access to Travel Awards, Research Awards, and Research Funds in systematic biology and phylogenetics. See the AWARDS menu item above for more information.
- Participation in one of our workshops on phylogenetic methods, often held at the annual Evolution Meeting.
- Join a group of scientists pushing for improvements in how we do biology, whether it is through open access (Systematic Biology is OA Green: all articles are available to all one year after publication, with no cost to authors, and authors can choose to pay a fee to release them earlier), promoting reproducibility (SSB is a charter member of Dryad, an online repository of data from scientific publications), organizing and co-sponsoring events to promote women and other underrepresented groups in science, and sponsoring the Phyloseminar series to allow anyone to see cutting edge phylogenetics talks.
- We have special rates for students, options for multi-year memberships, and even affordable lifetime memberships.
- Our society is big enough to have an impact, but small enough that every voice matters. Join us.